Here’s a line from my list of To Do’s for today: Look for glimpses of beauty in the moment. Point out beauty spots to others who may have missed them.
So when I walked Buddy the Dog four blocks around the neighborhood, I consciously looked for glimpses of beauty. Here’s some of what I saw:
- Glittering diamond-drops of water on the grass.
- Glowing pearls of ice-drops on branches in the shade.
- Flowers – lavender, purple, red, yellow, pink, more yellow.
- New leaves glowing fluorescent green as the morning sun shone through.
- Buddy the dog, high on sniffing a hundred morning smells.
- Buddy pulling the leash and swaggering the way he does when he sees another dog.
- Miniature elm leaves just forming on the branch.
- Snow peaks ahead as I turned toward home – all white with only spots of black rock showing.
- Lawns fresh-mowed with the cut pattern still sharp.
- Fuzzy lawn, needing mowed (mine!)
- Cold breeze blowing on my face when I walked east and at my back on the way home.
- Fresh red bark dust next to weathered brown bark dust in a yard, smells great.
That’s what I saw this morning. I just wanted you to know.